Fruit cobbler! Goes well at the end of any meal, especially in the summer!
12 Peaches, peeled and cut into 4 – 6 wedges
2 Vanilla Beans, split in half
1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
¾ Cup Butter, small diced and cold
2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
– The day before you serve this, combine the peaches and vanilla beans.
– Fold together, cover, and refrigerate.
– Scrape the beans from the vanilla bean pod and mix.
– Put the mix in your baking dish of choice.
– Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
– Mix with a paddle attachment.
– Mix in the heavy cream.
– Mix in butter just until the dough combines. There should be chunks of butter still visible.
– Remove and refrigerate until needed.
– Spoon the topping on.
– Bake at 350 degrees until bubbling and golden brown.
This is great with ice cream!
Mix and match fruit! Make with nectarines or add blueberries and blackberries.