When it comes to experiencing the flavors of the Warner Hall region, there’s nothing like a good ole fashion crab cake featuring the freshest meat from the crustaceans from our very own Chesapeake Bay waters. Tip to know you’re eating a good crab cake? All you see is rich crab meat!
1 lb. Fresh local crab meat
¼ Cup Onion, diced
¼ Cup Red pepper, diced
1 Tablespoon Grainy mustard
To Taste Salt & pepper
If Needed Bread crumbs
Dash Balsamic vinegar
– Sauté the peppers and onions to until lightly cooked
– Put in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients
– Fold everything together
– Add a little bread crumb if the mix looks too loose
– Cover the mix and refrigerate for 4 hours (over night if possible)
– Scoop (with an ice cream scoop for portioning) the crab mixture right into a pan for searing (grape seed oil works well)
– Sear both sides and be careful when you turn them!
– Arrange the crab cakes on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper
– Bake for 10 minuts in a 375 degree oven
Note: These cakes seem very loose until you bake them in the oven. Because they are mostly crab do not deep fry.
Yield: 6 – 8 medium sized crab cakes