If you’ve spent any time at Warner Hall – and we’re so grateful for all of you who have – you know the Quinoa Salad is one of our favorites!
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups Water
To taste, Salt and Pepper
– Bring the water to a boil
– Add the quinoa and cover
– Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes
– Turn off heat and let sit 10 minutes
– Remove from the pan, season and cool
1/3 part Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 part Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 part Grape seed Oil
Season with salt and pepper, Tabasco and Worchester Sauce
– Combine the vinegar and oils in a container with a lid
– Put the lid on the container and shake to combine or use a blender
You can make this with a blender but do not over blend. It may make the olive oil turn bitter.
Cut the olive oil with the grape seed oil just to smooth out the olive oil flavor. The grape seed oil has a very subtle flavor and works great for this purpose.
You can leave out or add any seasoning you would like! Your imagination is the only limit.
Toasted Pine Nuts
Salt and Pepper
– Combine everything, except the vinaigrette
– Add the vinaigrette, a little at a time, too moisten the mixture
– Check and adjust the season with the salt and pepper